Wild About The Wensum 2019Back to Events
12 May 2019
This will be the 13th annual Wild about the Wensum event, run by Pensthorpe Conservation Trust and will be bigger and better than ever!
Since the first event in 2006, we have introduced and shared this small part of the Wensum Valley to more than 25,000 people. Our aim is to encourage visitors that may not have otherwise understood the importance, diversity and wider relationship of the Wensum to their local landscape. It is a major achievement that so many people leave with a better knowledge of the numerous organisations that work tirelessly to promote, protect and enhance this rather special river.
Each spring Wild About The Wensum brings together volunteers, organisations and the local community with the internationally important river Wensum and valley. Pensthorpe Conservation Trust hosts this annual event to showcase the ecological value of the chalk river and wider environment. Nick Baker a naturalist, TV presenter and author was the special guest for the event’s 12th anniversary and officially opened the event on Saturday 12th May 2018. This year’s event celebrated hares and eight leveret sculptures from Break Charity’s GoGoHares and GoGoCreate project, joined us on the day on a special trail around the reserve.
A big thank you to our main sponsors, Crisp Malting Group, who have been a great supporter of the event.
Following this year’s successful event we are already looking forward to 2019’s event which will take place on Sunday 12th May, see you then!
Pop the date in your diary for a fun filled family day out…
Important information regarding the event:
- Day tickets cost £3 per person (online and on the day)
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- There will be an additional charge for our indoor play area, Hootz House, which is £2 per child with one free adult per child. Additional adults who wish to enter Hootz House will be £2 per adult.
- We will be running hourly time slots in Hootz House starting at 10am, with the last slot finishing at 5pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will not be valid for this event
Tickets will go on sale shortly. We will announce when they are on sale via our social media channels.