A naturally inspiring place to learn!
A visit to Pensthorpe is an ideal opportunity to embrace the great outdoors and some of the fabulous countryside that Norfolk has to offer. Come and explore the wonders of our ‘giant classroom’, and switch onto wildlife with our adventure-packed school party package:
• A competitive group rate: one teacher or parent helper enters free for every five children;
• A range of activities: Hootz & Friends Adventure Trail, Sculpture Trail, pond-dipping (coming soon!), WildRootz outdoor adventure play and Hootz House indoor play
• A complimentary ticket for up to two teachers: come and familiarise yourself with the Reserve and prepare activities for your party prior to your visit;
• Generic risk assessments;
• Free coach parking;
• Free entry for your coach driver;
• A food voucher for your coach driver to redeem in our Courtyard Café;
• Pre-book guided tours, walks and talks (additional charges may apply)
- Child under 3 – FREE
- Child – £8.00
- Accompanying adult – 1 FREE for every 5 paying children
- Additional adults – £8.00
- Registered Carer – FREE
- Pond Dipping (approx 45 minutes) max 15 people per session – £30
- Pensthorpe Explorer* (approx 1 hour) max 28 people per session – £3 per person
Optional Extras to make your day even better!
- Packed lunch – £4.95 each
- Ice lolly (mini milk style) – £1.25 each
If you wish to book a school trip, have any questions and wish to sort out your Hootz House time slots please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01328 851465 (option 2) or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Day Plan
10am: Arrive at Pensthorpe. Take your lunchbox to the Wensum Room and get your Pensthorpe wristband.
10.15am: Feed the birds. Pick up a bucket of bird feed from the shop on arrival and let the birds eat out of your hands.
11am: Discover the delights of the underwater world in a pond dipping session with a warden.*
12pm: Lunch time! Tuck into your picnic in the Wensum Room
1pm: Follow your free Park Guide and Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail and take yourselves around the self-guided trails. Collect all of the stamps and become a sculpture detective!
Minimum number of paying visitors is 15. Children must be supervised at all times.
All activity times and admission rates apply to term time only.
We require £100 deposit on booking (this is non-refundable), so we can secure the scheduled activities, at your requested times. The remaining balance is then required 14 days prioir to the date of your visit.
Cheques: Please make payable to “The Conservation Shop Ltd.”
Ref: Name of School and date of visit on the back
Post cheque to: Freepost RRAC-SLHA-HUAR, Conservation Shop Ltd, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 0LN
BACS: Alternatively if you wish to pay by BACS here are the details:
Sort code: 20-30-81 Account number: 00281255 Ref: Name of School