A naturally inspiring place to learn.
A visit to Pensthorpe is an ideal opportunity to embrace the great outdoors and some of the fabulous countryside that Norfolk has to offer. Come and explore the wonders of our ‘giant classroom’, and switch onto wildlife with our adventure-packed school party package:
• A competitive group rate: one teacher or parent helper enters free for every five children;
• A range of activities: including our Bug Walk, pond-dipping, WildRootz adventure play and WildRootz Trail
• A complimentary ticket for up to two teachers: come and familiarise yourself with the Reserve and prepare activities for your party prior to your visit;
• Generic risk assessments;
• Free coach parking;
• Free entry for your coach driver;
• A food voucher for your coach driver to redeem in our Courtyard Café;
• Pre-book guided tours, walks and talks (additional charges may apply)We’ll shortly be adding further information for you to download regarding 2017 school visits however in the meantime give us a call if you have any questions.
What to do on your trip
10am: Arrive at Pensthorpe. Take your lunchbox to the Wensum Room and get your Pensthorpe wristband.
10.15am: Feed the birds. Pick up a bucket of bird feed from the shop on arrival and let the birds eat out of your hands.
11am: Discover the delights of the underwater world in a pond dipping session with a warden.*
12pm: Lunch time! Tuck into your picnic in the Wensum Room
1pm: Follow your free WildRootz Passport and take yourselves around the self-guided trails. Collect all of the stamps, become a bug detective