Father’s DayBack to Events
21 Jun 2020
Dads go free on Father’s Day
Celebrate Father’s Day by bringing your dad for a day out at Pensthorpe for FREE*. Dad’s will love exploring and joining in with the array of nature and wildlife experiences we have here, and Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity for dad’s and grandads to get closer to nature with their families as they will receive free admission when accompanied by one full paying guest.
Treat dad to a day in the great outdoors and spend precious time together on Father’s Day with a stroll around our glorious gardens, take your binoculars and spot some wildlife and watch our daily bird feed. With sightings of bittern, marsh harrier and many species of butterflies, who knows what you will spot! Plus, stop-off and see the red squirrels and flock of flamingos.
After a busy day spent exploring the natural beauty on offer, catch up over a delicious Sunday roast or afternoon tea in the Courtyard Café. Plus, hop into a Land Rover for an ‘off road’ behind the scenes tour experience on the Pensthorpe Explorer** and go on a self-guided sculpture trail.
Dad’s can also be ‘big kids’ and join in with their little ones in our popular outdoor adventure play area, WildRootz, swinging from zip-wires, scaling 30ft towers and flying down the slides!
Bill Jordan, owner of Pensthorpe Natural Park comments: “For dads and grandads who want to have a quiet day exploring the outer reaches of the reserve, the bird hides, Wildflower Meadows and nearly 1,000 different species on offer, and enjoy the calming effect of nature, or those who want to bring a mixture of ages and go wild enjoying all the fun on offer, there is something for everyone here this Father’s Day. With the onset of Summer, June is also a wonderful time to visit Piet Oudolf’s Millennium Garden, with its mix of ornamental grasses and perennials that will continue flowering right through summer until autumn, and the serene, waterside Wave Garden is something not to be missed.”
*One free dad per full paying person (including a current annual member).
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and warden talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- **The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running between 10am – 4:30pm
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid on this day. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book in advance online to save £1 per person.