Flamingo FiestaBack to Events
13 Jun 2020 - 14 Jun 2020
Flamingo Fiesta time!
This is a weekend celebration for anyone who adores flamingos. It’s been an exciting couple of years for our Greater Flamingo flock. In 2018 they doubled in numbers from twenty-five to forty-nine and moved home into our newly developed Wetland Discovery Area, where they reside in a splendid purpose-built habitat. Towards the end of 2019 we announced the arrival of a new flamingo chick – the very first flamingo chick to hatch here at Pensthorpe – which rounds the flock up to fifty! Their glorious pink feathers and quirky social behaviour has made them a firm favourite with our visitors of all ages.
Any child who comes dressed up as a flamingo on either day will receive half price admission!
If you love flamingos or know someone who does, join us for the weekend in June to celebrate these beautiful and majestic species. We’ll have flamingo related activities and trails – more details will be announced soon.
To uncover Pensthorpe’s history and wildlife secrets, and to explore the further reaches of our reserve (not accessible by foot) book a place on the Pensthorpe Explorer tour*, an ‘off-road’ adventure teaching you about habitats, the history of our estate and the diverse wildlife that lives here.
All day – Flamingo Themed Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Flamingo talk (Flamingo area)
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- *The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- The trail and craft activity are included in the standard admission price
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards are valid for this event. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book online to save £1 per person