Eerie ExplorersBack to Events
22 Oct 2020 - 1 Nov 2020
Become an Eerie Explorer this October half term!
NEW for 2020, this Halloween-themed extravaganza is ideal for families and children of all ages. Discover the grim and gruesome side of nature, from creepy crawlies and sinister sounds you hear outdoors, our event is a fun way to unravel your curiosity about nature and wildlife, in all of its dark and deadly forms. Join us for a spooky scavenger hunt, which will force you to wander our reserve and gardens, looking behind you at all times and being careful not to wake sleeping predators that lurk in our hedgerows, trees and grasslands. Get into the Halloween spirit with the Pensthorpe team and find bugs and critters lurking around every corner.
To uncover Pensthorpe’s deepest, darkest secrets and to explore the eerie far reaches of the reserve (not accessible by foot) book a place on the Pensthorpe Explorer tour*, an ‘off-road’ adventure teaching you about habitats, the history of our estate and the diverse wildlife that lives here.
All day – Eerie Explorers Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information about this event
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- *The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- The trail and craft activity are included in the standard admission price
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book online to save £1 per person