Christmas HolidaysBack to Events
19 Dec 2020 - 3 Jan 2021
Christmas holiday fun for the whole family
Once the schools break up for Christmas you’ll need to think of something to get the family outdoors into the crisp winter air and keep your little adventurers and explorers busy over the holidays. Visit us for a heartwarming event where children and families can learn enchanting stories about the animals that tuck themselves away for a long winters sleep or decide to migrate to a warmer climate. There’ll be a nature trail dotted around the reserve and children will be able to create their very own wintry craft to take home in our daily craft activity.
All day – Eerie Explorers Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- *The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- The trail and craft activity are included in the standard admission price
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book online to save £1 per person