February Half TermBack to Events
15 Feb 2020 - 23 Feb 2020
February Half Term – Family Event
Our half-term event, which ties in with National Nest Box Week, 14th-21st February, promises traditional outdoor fun for families of all generations. This year we have a NEW trail that will get you exploring our park and finding out about different bird species and how they like to nest. We also have a free craft activity that children can take part in, so they have something creative to take home and to remember their visit.
Nest box building will be available (for a small extra charge) for those wanting to get hands-on with nature and make their own nest box to take home and put up in their own garden. It not only teaches children how to do their bit to protect wildlife but it offers the best way to see nesting birds up close as early as this spring!
We have everything you’ll need to house and feed your local bird life from our shop and you can even make your own nest in our daily craft activity.
Not only will families gain some practical skills and take-home goodies, but the educational message means that children will leave at the end of the day with a greater understanding of and passion for the great outdoors and wildlife.
All day – Nest box Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
12.30pm – Craft activity (Wildlife Education Centre, except on Thursday when it will be held in the Exhibition Room)
4pm – Bird feed and warden talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- The event will run from 10am – 4pm
- The nest box trail is included in the standard admission price
- Our build a nest box activity will be at an extra nominal cost of £5 and can be pre-booked online
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards are valid for this event. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more information.
Book in advance online to save £1 per person.