29 Jun 2019 - 30 Jun 2019
Family weekend event
A weekend celebration for anyone who adores our much loved flamingos.
Last year was a big year for our Greater Flamingo flock. They doubled in numbers from twenty-five to forty-nine and moved home into our newly developed Wetland Discovery Area, where they reside in a splendid purpose-built habitat, illustrative of tropical lagoons more commonly found in southern Spain. Their glorious pink feathers and quirky social behaviour has made them firm favourites with our visitors of all ages.
Any child who comes dressed up as a flamingo on either day will receive half price admission!
If you love flamingos or know someone who does, join us for the last weekend in June to celebrate these beautiful and majestic species. We’ll have flamingo related activities and trails – more details will be announced soon.
Important information regarding the event:
- Any additional activities will be included in the standard admission price.
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 5pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm on both days
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not valid at weekends or for entry after 3pm. Cards are for one free adult entry with one full paying adult, so it cannot be used for child admission. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information