Home Tweet HomeBack to Events
16 Feb 2019 - 24 Feb 2019
February half term – family event
Celebrate National Nest Box Week (14th-21st February) by; exploring our nest box trail that will challenge your knowledge of our native wildlife and; discovering how you can encourage birds to nest in your garden.
We have everything you’ll need to house and feed your local bird life from our shop and you can even make your own nest in our daily craft activity.
Nest box building will be available (for a small extra charge) for those wanting to get hands-on with nature and make their own bespoke creation to take home and install in their own garden. It not only teaches children how to do their bit to protect wildlife but it offers the best way to see nesting birds up close as early as this spring!*
*Please note: Nest box building will run from Sunday 17th February – Friday 22nd February inclusive.
All day – Home Tweet Home Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
12.30pm – Craft activity (Wensum Room, except on Tuesday & Wednesday when it is in the Exhibition Room)
2pm – Nest box building (running from Sunday 17th – Friday 22nd February inc. and at a small extra charge)
3pm – Bird feed and warden talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- The event will run from 10am – 4pm
- Our nest box trail is included in the standard admission price
- Our build a bird box activity will be at an extra nominal cost. We will publish days and times for this activity shortly.
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not valid at weekends or for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information
Tickets can be purchased for this event here.
Book in advance online to save £1 per person.