23 May 2020 - 31 May 2020
Half term fun for the whole family
Spring is the time of year when nature is bursting with new life all round us, so our May half term event will be celebrating the sounds you can hear and the delight you feel by being outdoors. An event ideal for the whole family, you will all be able to explore our reserve with a ‘sounds of spring’ trail, learning to identify bird calls and familiar wildlife sounds as you go. Get stuck into our wildlife inspired craft activity which will be suitable for children of all ages, including toddlers with accompanying parents or grandparents who fancy helping out and having a go at being creative as a family.
To uncover Pensthorpe’s history and wildlife secrets, and to explore the further reaches of our reserve (not accessible by foot) book a place on the Pensthorpe Explorer tour*, an ‘off-road’ adventure teaching you about habitats, the history of our estate and the diverse wildlife that lives here.
All day – Themed Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11am – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- *The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- The trail and craft activity are included in the standard admission price
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book online to save £1 per person