Nature’s WILD TribeBack to Events
25 Jul 2019 - 3 Sep 2019
Join us for the ultimate summer adventure. Deepen your understanding of the natural world by hunting, tracking and following nature around the reserve.
Owners of Pensthorpe, Bill & Deb Jordan, are firms believers of inspiring young children and families to develop a love of nature, so that we have future generations protecting our wildlife. Traditionally, knowledge was passed down from generation to generation. Today, with easy access to technology, answers to everything are given instantly and the opportunity to establish a genuine, deep rooted connection with nature is being lost. As such, the charm and joy of nature is not being conveyed, shared or experienced in the way it once was.
There are so many inspiring nature ambassadors out there, including parents, who can pass on their knowledge to the next generation and help revive carefree, explorative and inquisitive minds that have been lost to computer games and the latest technology.
Feed your family’s inquisitive minds this summer and nurture our next generation of wildlife enthusiasts, young conservationists, and nature lovers. Bring all generations of your family to Pensthorpe and explore the further reaches of our reserve – become one of our WILD Tribe and hunt, track and seek out the wonders of the natural world around every corner.
There will be something for all ages – trails, challenges and activities to hopefully spark that love of everything that’s good about being outdoors.
In a bid to reinvigorate the traditional means of handing down knowledge – we want grandad to pass on his birding knowledge, grandma to share her love of butterflies, Mum and Dad to climb trees with their little ones and big brothers and sisters to help the little ones build dens. So visit us this summer as a family and get stuck in!
More details to follow soon about our summer activities.
All day – Nature’s WILD Tribe Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11am – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
2.30pm – Nest box talk (WildRootz)
3.30pm – Craft Activity (WildRootz marquee)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 4pm
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not valid at weekends or for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information
Tickets will go on sale shortly.
Book online to save.