Nature’s WILD TribeBack to Events
25 Jul 2019 - 3 Sep 2019
Join us for the ultimate family summer adventure.
Deepen your understanding of the natural world by hunting, tracking and following nature around the reserve.
Bring along your own wild tribe and get messy in the new mud kitchen in WildRootz, go on a barefoot trail, play hopscotch, seek out the wonders of the natural world around every corner and learn about some of the creatures that call Pensthorpe home.
Throw pooh sticks, play leapfrog over tree stumps, battle it out at ‘giant’ noughts and crosses, build a den, see what is hiding in the maze, try your luck at giant pick-up sticks, play bird songs on wooden chimes and spot bugs.
As well as passing down knowledge to younger generations through interactive traditional outdoor games that bring a sense of nostalgia to parents, grandparents and extended family members, there are lots of opportunities to learn and celebrate all that is wonderful about the natural world at Pensthorpe this summer. Young nature enthusiasts will learn about the importance of pollination, how many spines a hedgehog has, how fast a hare can run, what rarities swim in the River Wensum and much more. Nature’s WILD Tribe is all about getting families to have fun together with trails, challenges and activities, while rediscovering some of our forgotten childhood games.
All day – Nature’s WILD Tribe Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11am – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
2.30pm – Craft Activity (WildRootz marquee)
3.30pm – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 5.30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 4pm
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not valid at weekends or for entry after 3pm. Cards are for one free adult entry with one full paying adult, so it cannot be used for child admission. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information