Norfolk Bird & Wildlife Fair 2019Back to Events
18 May 2019 - 19 May 2019
New event for 2019
Pensthorpe Conservation Trust are hosting a Norfolk Bird & Wildlife Fair, here at Pensthorpe – a BRAND NEW TWO DAY EVENT showcasing why Norfolk is renowned as ‘the birdwatching capital of Britain’.
Sponsored by local nature businesses Cley Spy, in Glandford, and WILD Sounds & Books, in Salthouse, the Norfolk Bird & Wildlife Fair will feature guest speakers, demonstrations, walks and talks, and book signings. The event is a celebration of nature-spotting in Norfolk and will bring together experts in the fields of optic equipment, wildlife-inspired art and crafts, books and wildlife and nature holidays.
April and May are the peak times for spring bird migration so the event provides a weekend for birders to visit and stay in Norfolk, right in the middle of the busy migratory period.
Bill Jordan, owner of Pensthorpe Natural Park comments: “Norfolk is, arguably, one of the greatest areas for birdwatching in the UK, and the north Norfolk coast the best in the country, so it seems fitting for an event celebrating birds and wildlife to be held within the county. Along with our partners Cley Spy and WILD Sounds & Books, we aim to celebrate what’s unique about the birding and nature offering in this special part of the world.”
More details regarding exhibitors, guest speakers and walks and talks will follow in the lead up to the event.
Our behind the scenes Pensthorpe Explorer tour will include a few extra special highlights for our Bird & Wildlife Fair visitors. The tour will include all of the usual content, so you’ll get to learn about the deep history of the Pensthorpe Estate however, exclusively for this two day event, passengers will also have the chance to stop and look out over the Wader Scrape and Lakes as well as the surrounding land; areas that our visitors wouldn’t normally have access to and during the breeding season. Our local expert guides will be stopping on top of Middle Brec, the highest point on the Pensthorpe Estate, offering you a chance to get out with your binoculars and look over panoramic views of The Estate, taking in the Wader Scrape and wet meadows below you before getting back on board and move on to the next stop, overlooking Starmoor Lake. The tour will take approx. 1 hour. We highly recommend bringing binoculars. There is an extra charge for the Pensthorpe Explorer tour. You can book online at the time of buying your admission tickets online.
10:30am – 11:30am
12pm – 1pm
1:30pm – 2:30pm
3pm – 4pm
4:30pm – 5:30pm (Saturday only)
Important information regarding the event:
- Day tickets cost £8 per person – this covers admission into the Bird & Wildlife Fair, the park and Hootz House, our indoor play area.
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 6pm on the Saturday
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm on the Sunday
- We have a list of local accommodation providers if you are looking for a place to stay over the weekend
- Our indoor play area, Hootz House, will be open as normal however we will be running hourly time slots starting at 10am, with the last slot finishing at 5pm on both days. You can book your time slot at the time of buying your tickets online.
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will not be valid for this event, neither will any other ‘reduced entry’ or ‘money off’ admission vouchers
Tickets are on sale now
Buy tickets online now.