Spring CallingBack to Events
25 May 2019 - 2 Jun 2019
Half term – family event
Spring is the time of year when the dawn chorus wakes us with the sweet sound of chirping and tweeting. It is the time of year when groups of ducklings and goslings waddle and chatter to each other around our reserve, much to the delight of our visitors. It is the time of year when our gardens reveal delicate shoots that are the first signs of vivid colour waiting to burst in summer.
Spring is the time of year to stir our senses and bring us closer to nature, so our May half term event will be celebrating the sounds you can hear and the delight you feel by being outdoors. An event ideal for the whole family, you will all be able to explore our reserve with a ‘sounds of spring’ trail, learning to identify bird calls and familiar wildlife sounds as you go. There will be other activities going on too – which we will reveal closer to the time.
Celebrating all that is wonderful about the natural world, this event features hands-on activities such as guided pond dipping, nature-inspired craft making and a ‘Sounds of Spring’ trail weaving through the woodlands and wetlands of the reserve.
All day – Spring Calling Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11am – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
2.30pm – Nest box talk (WildRootz)
3.30pm – Craft Activity (WildRootz marquee)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery)
Important information regarding the event:
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- The event will run from 10am – 4pm
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not valid at weekends or for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information
Tickets will go on sale shortly. We will announce when they are on sale via our social media channels.
Book online to save.
*Additional charge, please book your place with our admissions team
All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.