Summer at PensthorpeBack to Events
22 Jul 2020 - 6 Sep 2020
Summer fun for the whole family
We’ve got the perfect summer sorted for your little explorers and future adventurers, join us for a summer of discovery and adventure at Pensthorpe. From beastly bugs to fabulous flamingos, we’ll be changing the theme for every week of the school holidays. Make lasting memories as a family, where we have something that ticks the box for every family member, whether that be a gentle walk through our wildflower meadow or getting stuck into some traditional outdoor exploring where amazing wildlife, inspiring gardens and secret sculptures can be found around every corner. Zip about in WildRootz, our inspiring outdoor play area and if it rains you can head to Hootz House, our award winning nature-themed indoor play. Join our expert-led pond dipping sessions, find out about our red squirrel conservation project and watch the spectacle of our daily bird feeds and flamingo talks*.
To uncover Pensthorpe’s history and wildlife secrets, and to explore the further reaches of our reserve (not accessible by foot) book a place on the Pensthorpe Explorer tour*, an ‘off-road’ adventure teaching you about habitats, the history of our estate and the diverse wildlife that lives here.
All day – Summer Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Hootz & Friends Discovery Trail (around the reserve)
All day – Sculpture Trail (around the reserve)
11am – Pond dipping (Pond dipping area)
11.15am – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12pm – Red Squirrel talk (Squirrel area)
12.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
12.30pm – Craft activity (WildRootz marquee)
2.15pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
3pm – Pond Dipping (Pond dipping area)
3.30pm – Pensthorpe Explorer* (Admissions desk in the shop)
4pm – Bird feed and talk (Viewing Gallery – Sunday to Tuesday only)*
4pm – Flamingo talk (Flamingo area – Wednesday to Saturday only)*
Important information regarding the event:
- Book in advance online to save £1 per person
- Under 3’s and Pensthorpe Annual Members are FREE
- *The Pensthorpe Explorer is an additional £4 per person and can be pre-booked online or via our Admissions Team when you arrive
- The trail and craft activity are included in the standard admission price
- The event will run from 10am – 5pm
- Hootz House, our indoor play area is included in the standard admission price – please ensure you are wearing or bring socks. If you forget, you can buy socks of all sizes for £1 a pair in Hootz House.
- We recommend you book one of our timed sessions for Hootz House, these will be running from 10am – 4:30pm.
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards will be valid for this event, however not for entry after 3pm. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more specific information.
- All our extra activities are subject to availability and weather conditions. Please check our activities board at the entrance to our courtyard.
Book online to save £1 per person