Shakespeare at PensthorpeBack to Events
2 Jun 2020
Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors”
Pedalling from venue to venue with all of their set, props and costumes on the back of their bikes, the HandleBards are a four-strong troupe of actors who are spending the summer bringing environmentally sustainable Shakespeare at Pensthorpe Natural Park.
Join the all-male troupe for their debut performance, for a bicycle-powered production of Shakespeare’s ‘The Comedy of Errors’ like you’ve never seen before. When two sets of estranged twins are brought together on the same island, this classic comedy takes hold, with mistaken identity, music and manic costume changes a plenty.
This is an outdoor production, so please bring a chair or blanket to sit on, a picnic to dig into, and dress for the weather!
5 stars – “Explodes with energy and is a genuine treat from start to finish” – The Stage, on the Handlebards’ Twelfth Night
Visit www.handlebards.com to find out more and purchase tickets.
Important information about this event
- This event is an evening performance at Pensthorpe Natural Park and therefore you do not need to pay park admission to attend this event
- To purchase tickets for this performance please visit
- Normal admission into Pensthorpe Natural Park applies, should you wish to visit during the day
- The event will run from 6:30pm – 8.30pm
- All enquiries regarding the event need to be directed to The HandleBards. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 7986 784 207
- Parking is FREE
- Unfortunately, unless they are assistance dogs, dogs cannot enter the main reserve. Find out more on our Before You Visit page
- BBC Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 gardens to visit cards are not valid for this performance however they are valid if you wish to enter Pensthorpe Natural Park. Please refer to the cards’ Terms and Conditions for more information.