Summer Event: Beasts and Beaks
We have a MAMMOTH summer in store with 3 epic trails, free arts and crafts, pond dipping sessions and pop-up dinosaur and wildlife workshops.
23rd July – 6th September
Pensthorpe has a MAMMOTH summer in store!
Choose from one of 3 epic trails- a mammoth hunt to find where Pensthorpe’s very own mammoth tusks were found, a T-riffic trail to discover the evolution of dinosaurs to birds and a mini trail around the outdoor play area, WildRootz, that has been created with award-winning children’s toy company, Orchard Toys.
As ever, the park will be looking stunning with lots of walks and gardens to explore, with lots of feathered friends for you to meet along the way.
Take part in pop-up dinosaur and wildlife talks, free arts and crafts activities, pond dipping and plenty more, and don’t forget a visit to the café to have a mammoth feast. Yum!
Included in park ticket price excluding Pensthorpe Explorer tickets.
- 2 epic trails around the park for big explorers
- 2 mini WildRootz trails created in partnership with award-winning children’s toymakers Orchard Toys
- Pond dipping, 11am and 3pm
- Flamingo Talks, 3.30pm every day
- Free arts and crafts activities, 12noon and 2pm
- River Life pond dipping on 17th and 26th August, 1pm-4pm
- GoGo Discover dinosaur activity workshops with DoDo and Dinosaur on 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th August between 11am and 3pm.
50% off return visits this summer
For every visit between Monday 18th July and Tuesday 5th September we’re giving away a 50% off voucher for your next visit.
Ts and Cs
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or voucher
- Voucher is only valid with all parts of the receipt from the holder’s original visit, including initial online booking reference if applicable.
- Photocopies of the given voucher will not be accepted. The voucher can only be used once and will be retained by Pensthorpe upon redemption.
- One voucher per family/group
- Voucher must be redeemed between Monday 18th July and Tuesday 5th September 2022 inclusive.
GoGo Discover: Quercus at Pensthorpe
We’re a part of Break Charity’s GoGo Discover trail this year! Come and meet Quercus the giant steppe mammoth sculpture at Pensthorpe.
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Creatures of the Night Tour
Venture out as darkness falls to discover the creatures of the night! The reserve has a very different atmosphere at night time and this exclusive behind-the-scenes tour will take you deep into the depths of the park to try and spot bats, owls and moths.
7:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Sue Welfare Linocut Workshop
Make your own linoprint with local artist Sue Welfare!
10:00 am – 4:00 pm