Hootz House Indoor Play – An epic indoor adventure
We are pleased to announce that Hootz House, our much-loved indoor play area, will reopen on Friday 4th December. We will initially be opening Hootz House every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday however this will be reviewed on a regular basis and is subject to any changes to the COVID-19 Tier status for Norfolk.
Please read the following information regarding Hootz House carefully. We also recommend that you read our Before You Visit page to understand everything you need to know before you visit Pensthorpe, what to expect when you visit and how to book.
How to book
- All visitors wishing to enter Hootz House indoor play, including accompanying adults and Annual Members, will need to pre-book a time slot online before you arrive. This can be done at the same time as you pre-book your tickets to Pensthorpe.
- We have had to significantly reduce our capacity to 40 visitors per time slot. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Hootz House will only open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for the time being. This will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- We are currently offering the following time slots: 10am – 11am, 11:30am – 12:30pm, 1:30pm – 2:30pm and 3pm – 4:30pm
- Only one slot per family, per day. This is to ensure that as many visitors as possible can enjoy Hootz House.
Your arrival & departure
- You MUST use the attraction at your allocated time, this is to help us with the expected demand.
- You must check in with a member of staff upon arrival at Hootz House and sanitise your hands before entering the play area.
- Lockers and shoe racks will be available to use.
- We kindly ask that visitors leave Hootz House promptly, at the end of their time slot, to allow the cleaning process to take place.
We have had to make a few minor changes to comply with the current government guidelines which include:
- One-way systems are in place throughout the play area.
- The balls have been removed from our ball pit.
- Some of the bigger soft play shapes that would normally be in the under 5’s area will now be in a different area.
- Our under 5’s area will now be for under 3’s only
- Our party room upstairs will be open to allow for additional socially distanced seating.
- Hootz House toilets will be open.
- Drinks and snacks will be available to purchase in Hootz House.
How to stay safe
- All visitors over the age of 11 must wear a face covering inside all areas of Hootz House (including toilets) – except when seated at a table to eat or drink or if you are exempt for health reasons etc.
- Pre-opening we will be fogging the equipment with a 28-day virus barrier. This will be continued every 28 days.
- Hand sanitisers will be available on lower and upper floor areas.
- The team will carry out a full clean of equipment at the start and end of the day as well as in between each session.
- Please always adhere to social distancing and follow all the relevant directional signage.
- Do not enter Hootz House if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please remember that socks must always be worn on the play equipment.
Last updated 27/11/20